Skip to main content

HMWK#8 Critique 1

Elizabeth Sampson’s : Reality

I really like that the movie poster is hand drawn. I feel like there aren’t too many hand drawn posters out there any longer. Most movie posters and or movies are all digitized using a computer. This makes me think about a movie set back in the 90s. The movie poster is very simple to look at and the drawings are clear.

What I like about the poster is the color scheme. The background goes with the three characters clothing. I really like the details in the characters such as the hair and clothing choice.

What I am confused about is the meaning of the poster. I’m not sure by looking at the poster that I know what the movie is about and there is no plot to help explain either. Also the word reality is a bit hard to read. Why is it transparent when everything else is in color. I am assuming that by two of the characters (the two in the background) that they are falling out of the sky? (I could be wrong). I’m not really sure what the other character in the front with the blonde hair is doing. She seems to be enjoying falling. I’m going to assume she’s a villain.

Overall, like I said, I love that this poster is hand drawn but I would have loved to see more detail as to why it’s called reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stranger Things Movie Poster

When asked to pick a favorite movie poster, I instantly thought of Stranger things. I love the color scheme of the movie and the time setting. The dark colors just mesh together in a complementing way. The eye draws to a missing friend due to the lights on the bikes pointed in that direction. The poster is just balanced. 

HMWK #3

This was a fun article to read. I can totally relate to John Hoke's way of processing and listening to people by way of doodling. I am not sure why this makes me pay attention more, rather than just keeping my eyes on people. I think that honing in on something makes me more alert. I appreciate that Hoke did not allow his disability of dyslexia to set him back and not succeed at anything. He didn't see it as a burden, but a gift. Most people would look down on what they had, rather than flipping the script and finding another way to do something you probably had no idea you could do or be good at. Doodling is his way of communicating. I love that! His perspective was super positive.  He took what he loved to do and made a career out of it. Always thinking about the next best thing. I think that a lot of people's best inventions tend to stem from either what they love to do or how they can make something better. He even went as far as reaching out to Nike, which I think was

Sunset tutorial